Home Visitor Volunteer– Your County
What is this role?
This role involves visiting blind and partially sighted people in their homes, installing their new radio and teaching them how to use it as well as proving ongoing support, where needed. This role also involves a small amount of online admin.
Where is it based?
The role is based within your local county. You will be asked to travel around your county, visiting blind and partially sighted people to provide them with one of our devices,
How much time will I need to commit?
Each visit will take around 2 hours to complete. Depending on your area, we envisage that there will be around 3-4 visits per month.
What does the role involve?
- Contact recipients by phone to agree appointment time
- Visit people in their homes and install our audio equipment
- Give instruction and demonstration of the equipment
- Complete paperwork for each visit
- Make follow up telephone call, and if required arrange further visit and training
- Collect broken sets and arrange repairs
- Deliver replacement sets to existing clients
What kind of person are you looking for?
- Someone patient
- IT knowledge an advantage but not essential
- Full, clean driving licence or the ability to travel by public transport
- Good communicator
What’s in it for me?
- Full training
- Full expenses (45p per mile, plus lunch)
- The chance to gain valuable experience within a national charity
- Provide support to blind and partially sighted people within your community
**Please note that a full DBS check is required for this position**
**This role requires a full, clean driving licence and access to your own vehicle, or the ability to travel around by public transport**
Please call Sophie Jones on 07540 724 063 or e-mail email@example.com
You can also telephone BWBF’s Head Office on 01622 754 757.
Download VOLUNTEER INTEREST FORM
or complete the form below